"Include contained items" as default

Freeversity
Hi guys,
   Small time-saving suggestion.  I think if you could create or add a feature whereby the "include contained items" box would automatically be checked (or had the option of being the default) it would be rather useful for some of us-so we don't always have to remember to check that darn box-(because -gadzooks-every 10 or 15th run i invariably forget.)
     I don't know about my peers here on this board, but of the 1000 or so courses we've thus far published it's always been something we've had to check off.  That is, we've never once wanted it to be unchecked.  (And although i'm sure an unchecked box fulfills a valuable role, i'm kind of curious as to what percent of educommons users purposely don't want to include all the contained items vs the ones that do.)  Of course when you remember to check it off everything is fine, but when one forgets, then you have to hit the 'rework content' button and all four steps have to thus be repeated-less some items remain unpublished.
    For folks that only publish a few courses here and there this may not mean much, but for those of us that are publishing two or three dozen courses a day-every obstacle prevented is good, and every needless click avoided is time-saved.  Just an idea...

best,
alexander

Re: "Include contained items" as default

Tom Caswell
Hi Alex,

This is an interesting suggestion. I have to agree that every time I have published a folder I have wanted to include all contained items. (I have had my share of forgetting to check the box as well!) I'll see what we can do about making this the default setting.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com