multi-language and skin

Kursat
Hello everybody,

I would like to make a page multi language, but I don't know how. I guess I need to put a file to root folder or under LinguaPlone which contains the translations of eduCommons. If I am wrong please warn me.
If so, where can I find Spanish structure of eduCommons? Do I have to translate them own my own? I have seen some Spanish eduCommons ocw pages. Can I benefit them?

And the other question is: How can I change the logo where is the top of pages. I have a cool logo belongs to my university. I would like to use it. However I cannot modify the "logo.jpg" under portal_skins/eduCommons. When I upload and save it, I cannot see any changes. Isn't it the right thing to change the logo?

Thanks for all responses
Kursat Hosel
Universidad de Alcala

Re: multi-language and skin

David Ray
Administrator
If I understand correctly, you are wanting to translate the *contents* of a page multi-language? In other words, the Title, Description, Body, etc. etc.?  If this is the case, then yet, LinguaPlone is the prescribed answer for that use case.

If you are wanting to allow the framework to be translated into another language, then you will have to access and update the translation machinery if the language you need does not exist.

Basic localization instructions can be found here :: http://educommons.com/documentation/how-to/localizing-educommons

The logo, and other styling options can be modified in the front end:

1) Login as Manager
2) Click Site Setup
3) Click the Left Skin Settings
4) Check the Development Mode checkbox and press Save
5) Upload you new images in the relevant upload fields, and press Save.
6) Force refresh your browser, as some browsers will hold on the cached version of the CSS/images otherwise.
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: multi-language and skin

Kursat
Hi David,

Thank you very much. It works now. For the skin problem the point is "cache". It really prepossesses. And thank you for diverting to the translation language team. I believe that they can inform me in details.

See you next time
Best,
Kursat Hosel
Universidad de Alcala

Re: multi-language and skin

Tom Caswell
Hi Kursat,

I think David probably answered your questions, but let me add one thing. Before you can add pages in other languages you will need to add the desired languages to your "available languages" list. Here's how:

   1. Login with administrator access and navigate to Site Setup.
   2. Navigate to "Language" within the Plone Configuration section.
   3. Select a default language and one or more Available languages (use the control or apple key to multi-select)
   4. Click Save.

If you have already done this step, then perhaps this will be useful to others searching the forums.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com