how to delete courses

Tapas
How can I delete a course.
I log in as admin

Site Setup--->Contents-->Department--->course

                                  then selected the course and clicked delete
  but it could not be deleted.I got a message in top navigation bar saying

/eduCommons/dept name/course name could not be deleted.

What else do I need to delete the course.

Re: how to delete courses

Tapas
After struggling for some days I found it is possible remove some files inside a folder but not the folder itself which educommons refer to as course.
For example

Engineering --->Mechanical--->Structural Equation Dynamics

                                                                                         |------>Course Outline
                                                                                         |------>About Professor
                                                                                         |------>Schedule
                                                                                         |------>Policy
                                                                                         |------>Lesson 1
                                                                                         |------>Lesson 2

You can delete Course Outline,About Professor but you can not delete
Structural Equation Dynamics from your courses list.
It is possible to hide it from navigation tree but not possible to delete it completely.

Re: how to delete courses

David Ray
Administrator
This is really bizarre behavior.

Any object that you create inside of eduCommons, can also be deleted. The only time that this is not true is if the object has been locked by another editor, or if the current user does not have permissions to delete the object(s).

---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: how to delete courses

Tapas
I am always logging in as administrator.As you pointed out rightly I always see it locked when the error comes so what can I do to get rid of it.
I had uninstalled educommons and then re installed it.
It is on CentOS 64 bit.

Re: how to delete courses

David Ray
Administrator
1) Navigate to the piece of content as the user who inadvertently locked it
2) append /edit to the URL
3) Press Save

There are ways to remove all lock through the ZMI as well, but as Brent mentioned, that should be avoided unless you are well versed in that space (http://destefano.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/more-fun-with-plone-locks/)
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: how to delete courses

Tapas
David Ray wrote
1) Navigate to the piece of content as the user who inadvertently locked it
2) append /edit to the URL
3) Press Save

There are ways to remove all lock through the ZMI as well, but as Brent mentioned, that should be avoided unless you are well versed in that space (http://destefano.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/more-fun-with-plone-locks/)
Man it did work the way you said.Thanks a lot for this tip.
Really cool.
I was the creator of the content though I was admin.It was really frustrating when I was not able to delete it.Ya it was bizarre when I found this problem.

I digged a bit more to it
The link you gave I read the comments on that blog.They are saying about a bug in Plone 3.3 and have suggested to disable inline editing.
I googled that and came across following link
http://markmail.org/message/hzrpwbefn6d6qotc
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/238

On the first link above they say

To disable the inline editing in plone 3, I just add this line tal:define="kss_inline_editable python:False;" on the main_template.pt of the plone_template. Add this line on the body tag, that should do it
I do not want to mess up with any configuration file.
I am new to Zope,Plone.

Does eduCommon-3.2.1 uses Plone 3.3 ?
Is there a way I can do that.With eduCommons or I should go to Plone in case of ZMI where can I find this feature.
If there is no alternate way I will try doing the configuration file too.