educommons 3.2.1 -- ldap

chris0113
hi everyone

does educommons 3.2.1 support ldap?

thanks

Re: educommons 3.2.1 -- ldap

blambert
Hello Chris,

Currently eduCommons does not supoort LDAP out of the box, but it looks like eduCommons may be able to support it through the following extension:

    http://plone.org/products/ploneldap

Would be worth looking at if you need this functionality.

Brent

Re: educommons 3.2.1 -- ldap

blambert
It looks like <a href="http://educommons.com/support-forums#nabble-td4440725|a4440725">Petrus has it already set up and running. Maybe he would have some input here as well.

Brent

Re: educommons 3.2.1 -- ldap

memoKnto
i'm really interested in this,but i can not see the profile.

I actually get ldap-addon working in a standard plone instance in Debian and works pretty well to me. I also tried in openSuse, but i got a lot of problems becouse the python-ldap library; the repos of suse only ofers the pythnon2.6-ldap which doesn't work with the plone's python versions.

This is also the reason why i want to get up a eduCommons site in the same server.

Memo

Re: educommons 3.2.1 -- ldap

memoKnto
it's done. It's work pretty well. Try using CentOS, there is no porblem with the installation and de python-ldap library.

Just install with the RPM file,  get python-ldap by yum,  and download the PloneLDAP package!