eduCommons How To Video tutorial

Tapas
Hi,

 I was going through the documentation on your website.After going through all the process myself it seem it is not easy to exactly explain when you want a course to be uploaded or some similar minor but important stuff.If you can share more of video on How To's for eduCommons-3.2.1 that would be great.

I have seen your demo website too.But video tutorial or screen cast would be even helpful.

Re: eduCommons How To Video tutorial

Tom Caswell
Hi Tapas,

Here is the 1st part of an eduCommons Workshop session I did in May 2010 at the Vietnam OCWC conference.  (it is mislabeled as part 2): http://vimeo.com/11985920. Unfortunately, I don't think they uploaded part 2.

Other screencasts on eduCommons (not all are for the current version, but the workflow is the same since 3.0.0):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1zLvVgwLg&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlosxSF84gg&feature=related
http://cosl.usu.edu/projects/educommons/documentation/screencasts/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeCYnzhj5Ng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdnbJsa6eDM&feature=related

I hope this helps.

Tom

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Tapas Mishra [via eduCommons] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

 I was going through the documentation on your website.After going through all the process myself it seem it is not easy to exactly explain when you want a course to be uploaded or some similar minor but important stuff.If you can share more of video on How To's for eduCommons-3.2.1 that would be great.

I have seen your demo website too.But video tutorial or screen cast would be even helpful.

View message @ http://educommons.2416974.n2.nabble.com/eduCommons-How-To-Video-tutorial-tp5224469p5224469.html
To start a new topic under eduCommons, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eduCommons, click here.

--
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com/consulting

Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: eduCommons How To Video tutorial

Shaun@UMB-2
I agree that videos and screencasts would be helpful documentation for people just getting started. Tom's posted a few great links, and for the basics we (at UMB) usually show the production staff something like this for training:

http://ia311524.us.archive.org/0/items/EditingwithPlone/editingwithplone.mov

It goes through the basics of how to build content and the process is identical in many ways to educommons, which is powered by Plone, among other things*.

Hope that helps!
Shaun