does educommons 3.2.1-final support multimedia files (video/audio)?

does educommons 3.2.1-final support multimedia files (video/audio)?

hatma_s
Dear friends..

does educommons 3.2.1-final (http://educommons.com/downloads/educommons/releases/3.2.1) support multimedia files (video/audio)?
I am looking for Free Open Source CMS product to develop a video sharing portal.

Regards

Hatma S
www.HatmaAndNovi.com

Re: does educommons 3.2.1-final support multimedia files (video/audio)?

Tom Caswell
Hi Hatma,

eduCommons 3.2.1 supports audio and video, although we recommend storing such large files elsewhere because they can affect site performance. If you are looking for a good audio/video solution, you might consider hosting AV files on a streaming media server and embedding them on a CMS such as eduCommons. FWIW, the OpenCast project, which I believe is currently under development, looks like a very interesting OSS solution for creating and hosting AV files.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: does educommons 3.2.1-final support multimedia files (video/audio)?

hatma_s
Dear Tom Caswell

Thank you very much for this information

Regards

Hatma S
www.HatmaAndNovi.com

eduCommons 3.2.1 supports audio and video, although we recommend storing such large files elsewhere because they can affect site performance. If you are looking for a good audio/video solution, you might consider hosting AV files on a streaming media server and embedding them on a CMS such as eduCommons. FWIW, the OpenCast project, which I believe is currently under development, looks like a very interesting OSS solution for creating and hosting AV files.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/does-educommons-3-2-1-final-support-multimedia-files-video-audio-tp3604997p3615138.html
To unsubscribe from does educommons 3.2.1-final support multimedia files (video/audio)?, click here.

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!