User search function only seaches by full name, not username, or email address

User search function only seaches by full name, not username, or email address

PETRUS
Hi! I use PloneLDAP plugin for connect our educommons 3.2.1 authentication with LDAP server.
To us it was more convenient search by email address instead of by fullname.
It's possible to search user
by:
fullname and/or email address? and/or "userid" or login??

Or only by email address instead of fullname?

The file is:
"/eduCommons-3.2.1/eggs/enpraxis.educommons-3.2.1_final-py2.4.egg/enpraxis/educommons/skins/eduCommons/prefs_users_overview.cpt"
or webpage with logon admin user (control panel/users and groups/search users):
http://ocw.institution.com/prefs_users_overview

Thanks.

Note: we have it localized to spanish language.

Re: User search function only seaches by full name, not username, or email address

David Ray
Administrator
You should be able to utilize the patches found here:

https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8368

To extend your search to search by email.

If I recall, it may be as easy as adding:

    search(**{'email': searchstring})

after line 35 in the linked patch.
David Ray
Applications Analyst