Question from UNED Costa Rica (in Spanish w/English tranlsation)

Question from UNED Costa Rica (in Spanish w/English tranlsation)

Tom Caswell
We just got this message from UNED Costa Rica, and I am posting it here so others can respond. I can only say that eduCommons 3.2.1 does not currently support the FCK editor by default. It uses the Kupu editor instead. Have other people been able to add the FCK editor? If so, please post a reply explaining how.

Original Spanish post:
Saludos, trabajo en la UNED de Costa Rica y poseemos instalado educommons 3.2.1 en un servidor de windows 2008. Necesito saber como poder instalar el FCKeditor en el educommons paso por paso.. ya que descargo en FCK y no me indica cuales son los pasos a seguir.. Gracias.

English translation:
Hello, I am working at the UNED, Costa Rica and we have installed 3.2.1 eduCommons on a server in windows 2008. I need to know how to install the FCKeditor on eduCommons step by step .. since the release in FCK doesn't tell me what steps to follow .. Thank you.
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: Question from UNED Costa Rica (in Spanish w/English tranlsation)

David Ray
Administrator
It should be addable a la any other Plone Add On Product:

FCKEditor has documentation for installing the product into an existent site.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.FCKeditor/2.6.5.2#fckeditor-plone-2-6-5-2-plone-product-installation

and

https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.FCKeditor/trunk/docs/INSTALL.txt

David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Question from UNED Costa Rica (in Spanish w/English tranlsation)

Minor Lopez
Which location of the server I must copy the ckeditor folder, because  I used the control panel of plone but it does not appear to install it. It remembers that I use server Windows and not linux. I read about it but all documentation is for linux.