Problems with migration

oriolUPM
Hello I´m Oriol i´m working in UPM (Technical University of Madrid).

We are trying to migrate eduCommons version from 2.3.1 to 3.1.1. but we are having many problems.

We have not succeeded the Pre-Migration Data.fs in version 2.3.1 because when we run the pre-migration script have many errors. The errors are due to changes, for example the ECCourse-->Folder, ECDocument-->Document, ECFolder-->Folder, ECLink-->Link, ...

We do not know what to do.

We try to clear all objects that produce error, but in the end we were left with only 3 courses that do not give error.

Anyway we continued and we found that migration still fails. We have already copied the pre-migrated data.fs (3 courses previously discussed) and eduCommons 3.0.2 to start with the new site had Data.fs many broken products (ZipFileTool, ECSearchTool, ECSearchTool, ContentLicensingTool, PloneBookmarkletsTool, IMSTransportTool, ECUtilitiesTool, ECUtilitiesTool, ECUtilitiesTool, ECUtilitiesTool, ECUtilitiesTool, ECUtilitiesTool). If we execute this migracion script fails:

Exception Type AttributeError
Exception Value eduCommons
Traceback (innermost last):

* Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
* Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__ __traceback_info__: ((,), {}, None)
* Module /usr/local/edu302/Extensions/Migrate.py, line 12, in migrate_2_3_1_to_3_0_4

We need a response in order to make our migration and advise the rest of Latin American and Spanish universities to which we support through Universia.

-- Oriol Borrás Gené
GATE - UPM

Re: Problems with migration

David Ray
Administrator
Oriol:

Is the traceback you provided the *initial* error that you receive when running the Pre_Migrate_eduCommons3.0.2 script? If not, could you please provide that traceback?

Presumably, you are following the steps outlined here?

http://educommons.com/documentation/how-to/old-migration-instructions

From the traceback you provided, it looks like you are erroring out because your Plone site in the ZMI is not called 'eduCommons'.   Specifically:

http://educommons.com/dev/browser/old/eduCommons3/tags/3.0.2-final/extras/Migrate.py#L12

should be modified to:

    oldsite = self.youreducommonsinstanceid

David
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Problems with migration

oriolUPM

Hello David

Before I start, thank you very much for answering me so fast.

If you don´t mind, I'm going to open another topic to talk about the PreMigration problems.

We modified the line 12 with our plone site id (oldsite = self.ocw) as you told us, but gives us this error:

Request URL http://gea.gate.upm.es:8084/ocw/Migrate_eduCommons3.0.2

Exception Type AttributeError
Exception Value ocw

Traceback (innermost last):

* Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
* Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__ __traceback_info__: ((,), {}, None)
* Module /usr/local/edu302/Extensions/Migrate.py, line 227, in migrate_2_3_1_to_3_0_4
* Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 90, in manage_delObjects
* Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 290, in _getOb

AttributeError: ocw

We have tried to comment lines 227 and 228 and it works:

#self.manage_delObjects(oldsite.getId())
#self.manage_renameObject(newsite.getId(), 'eduCommons', REQUEST=None)

Then we hand-copied the plone site "mig_ec" to root level and have cleared our plone site "OCW "

Do you think that it is okay? We can pose problems in the future?

Re: Problems with migration

johhnygates
I had the same problem but ended up with a 306 error?

How do I fix that?