Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

chacart
Hi!

I'm migrating from 2.3.1 version to 3.0.2 version. I don't have enough space in my hard drive to make copy of the Data.fs file from the old var directory to the new var directory, Can I move the Data.fs instead of copying it?

I mean,

Instead of
sudo cp -rvfp [old instance home]/var/Data.fs [new instance home]/var/

Can I do:
sudo mv -rvf [old instance home]/var/Data.fs [new instance home]/var/

?

Thanks!

Re: Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

Encolpe
Hello,

You can do:
sudo mv  [old instance home]/var/Data.fs [new instance home]/var/

Regards,

2009/12/9 chacart [via eduCommons] <[hidden email]>
Hi!

I'm migrating from 2.3.1 version to 3.0.2 version. I don't have enough space in my hard drive to make copy of the Data.fs file from the old var directory to the new var directory, Can I move the Data.fs instead of copying it?

I mean,

Instead of
sudo cp -rvfp [old instance home]/var/Data.fs [new instance home]/var/

Can I do:
sudo mv -rvf [old instance home]/var/Data.fs [new instance home]/var/

?

Thanks!

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Movement-of-Data-fs-in-3-0-2-Migration-tp4139815p4139815.html
To start a new topic under eduCommons, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eduCommons, click here.

--
Encolpe DEGOUTE
http://encolpe.degoute.free.fr/
http://encolpe.wordpress.com/
Logiciels libres, hockey sur glace et autres activités cérébrales

Re: Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

chacart
Thank you!

I'm going to do the test.

Best regards.

Re: Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

David Ray
Administrator
The only negative to a move instead of a copy is that you will not have a backup, in case something goes irreversibly wrong.
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

chacart
Hi,

I made the movement of the Data.fs, I migrated Plone and now when I run the Test of the Migration script I get this error:

Site Error

ZODB.POSException.POSKeyError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 202, in publish_module_standard
    * Module plone.app.linkintegrity.monkey, line 19, in zpublisher_exception_hook_wrapper
    * Module zope.component._api, line 114, in queryMultiAdapter
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 761, in setstate
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 801, in _setstate
    * Module ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage, line 548, in load
    * Module ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage, line 514, in _lookup_pos

POSKeyError: 0x013854

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

Re: Movement of Data.fs in 3.0.2 Migration

David Ray
Administrator
Here is a good article on what the error type is, and ways to deal with it:

http://spamsch.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-repair-broken-zodb-poskeyerror.html

If you haven't packed the database, I'd suggest copying your Data.fs back to the original instance, start that instance, and pack. Dependent on how small the Data.fs becomes, you may now have room to do a proper backup before investigating this issue further.