Migration instructions

oriolUPM

Hello I´m Oriol i´m working in UPM (Technical University of Madrid).

I have a question for you, There is already a procedure for migrating from version 311 to 321?

Thanks!

-- Oriol Borrás Gené
GATE - UPM

Re: Migration instructions

Tom Caswell
Hi Oriol,

You can migrate from version 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 using the MIGRATION.txt instructions in the eduCommons 3.2.1-final source installation package. The documentation is also available here: http://educommons.com/documentation/how-to/migrate-between-educommons-versions

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: Migration instructions

Tom Caswell
Hi again Oriol,

Let me know if the migration instructions worked for you. You are one of the first to migrate to 3.2.1, so I just want to check if you have any questions. We have also clarified our migration instructions a bit here: http://educommons.com/documentation/how-to/migrate-between-educommons-versions

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

RE: Migration instructions

oriolUPM

Hello Tom,

I tried to migrate eduCommons 3.1.1 to 3.2.1

I have not had any trouble to PreMigrate, the result has been good. Then I have copied the data.fs (our ocwupm site from educommons3.1.1) to a  new educommons3.2.1 (/var/filestorage/).

When i navigate to the ZMI of eduCommons3.2.1 and I try to open our site (ocwupm), it produces this error:

Site Error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: type object 'IZipFileTransportUtility' has no attribute '__iro__'

Therefore we can not access our site ocwupm order to make the upgrade

Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Thanks a lot!!!

Oriol Borrás Gené

Gabinete de Tele-Educación

Universidad Politécnica de Madrid

Ramiro de Maeztu, 7

28040 MADRID (SPAIN)

Tlf. : 91 336 61 49

E-Mail : oriol.borras@...

Let me know if the migration instructions worked for you. You are one of the first to migrate to 3.2.1, so I just want to check if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom Caswell
eduCommons Project Manager
OpenCourseWare Consortium
http://educommons.com

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Migration-instructions-tp3430245p3464132.html
To unsubscribe from Migration instructions, click here.

Re: RE: Migration instructions

Tom Caswell

Hi Oriol,

I am not sure why this is happening, but I will see if the engineers at enPraxis have any ideas.

Cheers,

Tom

On Sep 4, 2009 6:01 AM, "OCWUPM (via Nabble)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Migration-instructions-tp3430245p3579453.html

To start a new topic under eduCommons, email [hidden email] To unsubscrib...

Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant