Migration all the way from 2.1.0 to 3.1.1

Migration all the way from 2.1.0 to 3.1.1

Juan Herrera
I'm migrating a 2.1.0 site all the way up to 3.1.1. However, I can't find old educommons releases for using as checkpoints in http://educommons.com/downloads/educommons/releases. The only part where I find old releases is the massive http://educommons.com/dev/browser/old/eduCommons/tags tree.

Can I get older tarballs somewhere, or could someone provide me with those?

From the MIGRATION.txt files in subsequent releases, I get the impression I could go as:
    2.1.0->2.3.0
    2.3.0->2.3.1
    2.3.1->3.0.2

Or could I go 2.3.0->3.0.2?

Or do you think I'm better off exporting the files and recreating the site?

Thanks

Juan Herrera

Re: Migration all the way from 2.1.0 to 3.1.1

David Ray
Administrator
Juan:

We are in the process of shuffling documentation/links around, sorry for the missing links.

eduCommons tarballs are available at sourceforge :: http://sourceforge.net/projects/educommons/files/

Your migration path will be as follows:

2.1.0 --> 2.2.0
2.2.0 --> 2.3.1
2.3.1 --> 3.0.2
3.0.2 --> 3.1.1

---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Migration all the way from 2.1.0 to 3.1.1

David Ray
Administrator
With regard to your question about exporting content and rebuilding...if you have not done many customizations to the code, migrations can be relatively easy.  It often takes longer to set up the Zope instances than it does to migrate the sites themselves.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Migration all the way from 2.1.0 to 3.1.1

Tom Caswell
Hi Juan,

Another thing we have done to make it easier to find all the instructions for old migrations is to compile a list of legacy migration documentation by version. It is available here: http://educommons.com/documentation/faq/legacy-documentation-links

Cheers,

Tom
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com