How to install on root (/)

Pango853
I know it is related to Zope more than eduCommons. Sorry that I am not too familiar with Zope.
It will be very appreciated if someone can help me.

The site address is :
       http://domain:8080/ocw

After changed the proxy to 80, it became :
       http://domain/ocw

I want it to be :
       http://domain

Thanks you very much.

Re: How to install on root (/)

blambert
Hello Pango,

To achieve this use a combination of mod_rewrite in apache and the virtualhostmonster that comes with Zope. You can find details how to do this here:

http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/plone-apache/virtualhost/view?searchterm=icons

Re: How to install on root (/)

Kursat
Hi,

I am a little bit confused about the article at plone site. It is so deep for me. I just wanna do only one redirecting

from   http://domain/ocw
to       http://domain/

There is a mapping tab in the virtual host monster. I add the lines:

domain/ocw
www.domain/ocw
zope.domain/

(the 3rd one for the remote control of the ZMI am I right?)

should I change the apache2 conf file as well? How?

If you could explain me, I'd be appreciated.
Thanks
Kursat Hosel
Universidad de Alcala

Re: How to install on root (/)

David Ray
Administrator
The mappings look ok.

Yes, you have to configure Apache.  The link that Brent provided is all that you need; the first sample file would work just fine for you.

You'll have to either edit your conf/httpd.conf file directly with one of the samples, or enable:

Include vhosts.d/*.conf

and create a separete config file for your instance in that directory.

Then restart apache, and you should be good to go.
---------------------
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: How to install on root (/)

Àlex Magaz

I suppose you have already sorted this out, but if someone else needs to do it, here is a better link:

http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/ZopeAndApache

To sum up, you have to install Apache and add the following in a new configuration file in /etc/httpd/conf.d:
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^($|/.*) \
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/\
http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/plone_site_id/VirtualHostRoot$1 [L,P]
Where plone_site_id has to be replaced by the site ID you used when you added the Plone site.

Cheers,
Àlex