Disabling OpenID on eduCommons

Tapas

Hi,
 we were testing a test website based on eduCommons.

   So while testing we had checked OpenID option which now we have forgotten.
Can some one help to find how do I disable openId coming in left navigation bar.
From display some one when clicks on login they do not get to submit the OpenID login but
on the  main site there is on left side an option for OpenID login displayed which we do not want.

Re: Disabling OpenID on eduCommons

David Ray
Administrator
You should be able to uninstall the OpenID product:

1) Login as a Manager
2) Navigate to http://yoursite.com/prefs_install_products_form (Site Setup in the upper right corner)
3) Under the list of Installed Products, select OpenID Authentication Support
4) Press Uninstall

If I am recalling correctly, that should be all that you need to do.

David
David Ray
Applications Analyst
Lineberger Comprehsensive Cancer Center

Re: Disabling OpenID on eduCommons

Tapas
Thanks actually it was uninstalled but the OpenID login was displayed on main page.
After a module has been uninstalled and if it is still being displayed on main page
you need to go to manage portlets and remove the appearance icon.
Otherwise even after uninstall it will keep showing.