Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Tom Caswell
For those having trouble with embed tags, object tags, script tags, or javascript getting stripped out of eduCommons, here is a simple fix. Before getting started, you will need to have access to the Zope Management Interface (ZMI). Usually, this means having a manager account on the eduCommons site.

1. Login as manager
2. Click Site Setup (top, right corner of screen), and then click the Zope Management Interface link.
3. Click the portal_transforms link, and then click the safe_html link.
4. Remove the desired tags (along with their values) from the nasty_tags section to the allowed_tags section and click Submit Query.
5. Restart your eduCommons site for the changes to take effect.
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Tom Caswell
I just checked, and you can also enable embed tags by going to Site Setup and clicking on HTML Filter settings. Remove the embed tag from "Nasty tags," add it to "Custom tags," and click Save. No restart is required.
Tom Caswell
http://tomcaswell.com
Open Education Consultant

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Tapas
In search of my problem I came across this page
I want to have a javascript in the head section of pages.
After the steps mentioned in second step what do I need to do ?

and use that Javascript in many other pages as desired let me know what else needs to be done in this regards ?

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Shaun@UMB
Hi Tapas,

I haven't changed the header for our site before, but if you'd like to change it, you'll need to change the template. I am almost certain the template you'll need to customize lives here (depending on what version of plone you're running):

http://yoursitegoeshere/portal_skins/plone_templates/main_template/manage_main

This part looks particularly promising
<tal:comment replace="nothing"> A slot where you can insert javascript in the header from a template </tal:comment>
    <metal:javascriptslot define-slot="javascript_head_slot" />

PS> Have you deleted your other message for this functionality or linked it to this thread?

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and javascript in eduCommons

Tapas
This post was updated on .
Shaun I am not clear on the tag part Since eduCommons is a product based on Plone I did following steps to upload the javascript to eduCommons.ZMI.

snapshot1 folder contents

Step1 The doc here http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-community-developer-documentation/templates-css-and-javascripts/javascript says "Put in new Javascript via ZMI upload (you can use Page Template type) to portal_skins/custom folder " for portal_skins I went to this section

portal_skins a

Step 2 Now portal_skins-->custom

portal_skins_custom

Step 3 I uploaded the script with id adobe

portal_skins b

Step 4 Now the doc says "Register Javascript in portal_javascripts"

portal_javascripts

Step 5 I added the id "adobe"

portal_javascriptsb

Step 6 Now I opened firefox and firebug and search for adobe that was the id of script which I added it did not showed me any where

missing  adobe id

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and flash in eduCommons

Tapas
This post was updated on .
In your reply you mentioned

<tal:comment replace="nothing"> A slot where you can insert javascript in the header from a template </tal:comment>
    <metal:javascriptslot define-slot="javascript_head_slot" />

what should I keep in between or you mean to say I should copy paste the entire code of Javascript there in between.

I feel only Brent will be able to tell us what is required exactly.

Re: Allowing embed tags, object tags, script tags, and flash in eduCommons

Tapas
This post was updated on .
Anyone?